Here's how I boarded out my loft floor on a tight budget using pallets and salvaged tongue and groove loft boards for under £100
Restoring an old Rededa Number 2 woodworking vise. I bought it on GumTree for £20. t was old, dirty and rusty and in poor condition. I gave it a clean, used a rust converter product, painted it with metal paint, fitted some plywood jaws, and finally fitted it to my workbench
Part 3 in a short series about building a workshop shed using some salvaged and new materials.
This video shows a quick tour of the workshop after it was finished, including a look at the tools I have, wood and tool storage, tool storage, condensation on the metal roof sheets and how I resolved the issue, installation of the electrical supply and cabling, and finally a summary of build costs.
Part 2 in a short series about building a workshop shed using some salvaged and new materials.
This video covers the assembling of the frame, installing the shiplap cladding, installing the roof sheets and floor and making the door.
Part 1 in a short series about building a workshop shed using some salvaged and new materials.
This video covers the ground works, the salvaged wood, a SketchUp model of the workshop, building a retaining block wall, making the frame, installing the windows, and starting to assemble.
This was my biggest ever project, and I don’t know if I’ll ever do anything bigger than this (unless I build myself a house some day!)
Biggest build yet! I wanted to build something to put my lawnmower, bike and gardening bits in so that I could use my other shed just for storing lots of wood and all my tools. Eventually I want to replace my other shed with a big workshop and get some workbenches and table tools in there, but that’s another story….
I made the frame first, from old 2x4 timber that used to be my friend’s scooter ramp. He didn’t want the ramp anymore so we dismantled it a few months back and I’d been wondering what to do with it ever since.
I found these two chairs by a communal bin. I think they’re made of oak. They were badly broken (someone had tried to do a repair job), upholstered in a funky zebra print material, and the melamine seat panels were rotten as they’d been out in the rain.
I started by taking out the seat panels and using them as a template to cut new seat panels out of some salvaged ½ inch plywood (also found by a bin!)
Ottoman built from salvaged wooden pallet wood donated by a local company, apart from the top which was made from half a scaffold board from Mitchells’ reclamation yard in Norwich.
Stained in dark teak and finished in Briwax. Built for personal use.